Advantages of Modular
- Controlled secure environment eliminating twisting, warping, and associated waste.
- Continuous quality control throughout the building process.
- Inspection procedures that are well-above industry standard.
- "Over built" for transportation and craning.
- CSA Approved - meets or exceeds National Building Codes
- Same trades people at each station = consistency
- Save project time because site preparation occurs while the building is being manufactured and there are no weather delays. Save as much as 50%.
- Minimal site disruption.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Increased energy efficiency throughout building process.
- Equity is achieved much faster due to the cost effectiveness and speed of construction.
- Construction is not delayed or reliant on sub-contractors.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 40%
Building a Modular home has clear advantages.
Modular vs. Manufactured Homes
The perception of Modular Construction can commonly be confused with that of Manufactured Construction.
The truth of the matter is there are some distinctions in these two methods of home construction. Although both Modular and Manufactured are built in controlled environments, there are quite significant differences. For example, one aspect is the freedom of location. Manufactured Homes can be limited to certain locations, such as trailer parks and other manufactured living communities.
With a Modular Home, it can be placed on almost any plot of land, in any neighbourhood, and can pass regional bylaws and building codes.
Another difference between Modular and Manufactured is permanence. Manufactured Homes are designed to be mobile. Although Modular Homes are designed for transport, many homes are placed onto permanent foundations.
A MODSOLID home accommodates to this desire and we offer our customers the opportunity to complete their home with a fully developed modular basement.
A Brief Comparison:
How Modular Homes Are Built: A Quick Guide
Modular homes are more cost friendly than regular homes. Read more and find out if a modular home is right for you.
6 Reasons Why Modular Homes are Good Investments
Have modular homes caught your attention? Take a look at these 6 reasons why these homes are good investments.